The other day, my boyfriend bought me the coolest recipe journal in the world, and I didn’t hesitate at what recipe to put in it first. This recipe comes via the Post Punk Kitchen, and it will make its way into your rotation easily, especially if you love Sriracha.
You can find the recipe here but here are the adjustments I made to the recipe based on personal tastes:
- I used cayenne pepper instead of red pepper flakes
- Sometimes instead of peanut or canola oil, I use sesame oil which works just as well
- If you have ground coriander, you can use it in place of crushed coriander seed in a pinch
- I like using roma tomatoes because they’re a little sweeter and more flavorful
- The recipe calls for Thai basil but around me it’s not readily available. Plain basil works just as well, although apparently Thai basil has more of an anise flavor that works well in Asian dishes.
- I also added this Close to Curry Spice mix into the fried rice last time. Just a couple pinches to kick it up a notch, and it tasted ridiculous.
The biggest tip: Make sure to make the jasmine rice ahead of time. It needs to be chilled before you use it.
What recipes are stand-bys on your weekly menus? Share them in the comments below!