I am not someone who ever eats fast food. I do, however, pick up “casual dinners” on occasion (think Panera, Noodles, delis, etc.) Noodles’ Pasta Fresca has got to be one of my favorite quick meals for a hectic evening, but when I have time, I like to replicate this recipe myself. Now you can, too! (Chicken optional).
- 2 tsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups al dente cooked penne (1 1/2 cups dry)
- 1/4 cup cubed roma tomatoes
- 1/8 cup red onions – I like to cut them pretty long
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz spinach
- Fresca sauce (recipe below)
- Vegan parmesan
- 1 cooked chicken breast if you like – We always look for cage-free, antibiotic-free
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mirin
- Dash of salt and garlic powder
Put 2 tsp EVOO in a hot saute pan. Once heated, add the penne noodles, tomatoes, onions, and some salt and pepper, and sear until just brown. Next, add the spinach, fresca sauce, and cooked chicken if you have any. Mix until the spinach wilts down and everything is warm. Serve by topping with some vegan parmesan.
Easy peasy, and it will become a favorite in your house (especially if you’re a Noodles fan).
Have any other classic restaurant recipes you’d like to see recreated? Have any foods you’d like to see made without dairy? Comment here, or email me at [email protected].