As some of you may have already seen on my blog, I set a number of goals for the new year, including raising enough money to participate in the Challenge Walk MS, taking place in Door County this September.
Right now I’m less than $100 away from my goal, which is awesome! However, it would be great if I could raise even more money. That’s where you come in.
I’ve said it to my friends – every dollar makes a difference. Whether it’s $5 or $500, I’d be happy to have your support.
According to the National MS Society, the following amounts can provide the following things for those battling MS:
- $50: could provide a round-trip taxi to medical appointment
- $100: could purchase a walker or shower chair
- $250: could fund a transport chair; round-trip wheelchair ride to medical appointment, or a portable ramp
- $500: could help fund a college scholarship for a high school senior who is living with MS or whose parent is living with MS
- $1,000: could pay for a hospital bed; 1/2 of a standard chair lift; utility or rental assistance to two people living with MS
- $43,000: could fund a research grant (average cost)
I’m making this post short and sweet, but I hope it’s one you share. If you have some extra money lying around, please donate to my cause >> here. It would mean a lot to me.