We’re now a couple months into 2014, so how about some resolution check-ins?
If you read my blog at the beginning of the year, then you might have caught my list of resolutions. As I said before, putting my resolutions out there is my way of holding myself accountable. I’ll touch on a couple things but I wanted to bring up one resolution in particular, and that’s my goal of raising $1,500 for MS.
A couple weeks ago, I had a small-scale informal bake sale at my house, basically, come on over, pick up some food, make whatever kind of donation you can, and the results have been really fantastic. Right now in online donations I’m at $670, and including some of the cash donations I’ll be mailing in, I’m halfway to my goal.
I’m so happy to have the support of so many people (especially paired with their appreciation of my baked goods!) but I still have a long way to go.
So, I’m holding myself responsible for working at the fundraiser, but I need your help to make this goal come to life. If you have $5, $10, or heck, $100 to donate to an insanely worthy and tax-deductible cause, please go to my participant page and donate today!
(Maybe there’s some of these in your future if you do…)
Now for good measure, a couple other check-ins:
- Walking to Austin: As of the last week of February, I was at 85 miles, so I’d say I’m well on my way there, but I definitely need to up my game. Luckily my training for the MS Walk will ramp up in warmer weather, so it’ll naturally increase the miles I’m walking each day.
(homemade oatmeal has made the DietBet much more palatable.)
- Defeat the DietBet Transformer: Well, I beat round 1 and round 2 is coming up at the end of this week, so we’ll see what happens with this go-around. I’m not as confident this time but I’ve been busting my hump lately so even if I don’t see the change on the scale all that quickly, I know I’ve been putting in good time to working out and eating really well (outside of those damned irresistible Girl Scout cookies).
- Reach 200 posts by the end of 2014: This is post #118 so I seem to be tracking pretty well. My goal has been to post every other day if possible, and it’s been relatively easy to do. Hopefully I don’t run out of time or things to talk about!
- Create a Dairy-Free State ebook: Hmm, that will probably be closer to a summer project. But it’s coming, I swear!
- Apply to graduate school: Done! I applied, just have to take the test in 2 weeks, and I have one more letter coming in. Things are going well there.
- Read a least one book per month: Does January count? I finally finished reading Cooked and I promise to have French Kids Eat Everything done by the end of March, so let’s hope that tide is turning and I can keep up at a good clip this year.
Now I want to hear from you: What resolutions have you kept through the first two months, and which ones have taken a little backslide?