It finally feels like summer more often than it feels like winter, so I’m thinking it’s finally safe to say that summer is upon us! It’s time to start looking at the peak season map and look forward to more than stored onions, apples, and canned goods.
In Wisconsin, peas, potatoes, and strawberries are in peak season. There are so many tasty things that you can make with these ingredients, but here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Potato Spinach Pizza
- Potato & Vegetable Packets
- Vegan Samosas
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Sesame Roasted Snap Peas
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Vegan Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry, Banana, and Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Strawberry, Banana, and Blueberry Green Smoothie
These recipes should get you going, but I want to hear about favorites of your own. What do you love making in June?